Contributors

3 October - Surgery again

Just a quick update on what is going to happen. The team at Newcastle have decided that the best course of action for me is more brain surgery to remove as much as possible of the tumour. We did raise the issue of other kinds of treatment but it turns out that they would not be appropriate for the type of tumour I have. ("Cyber knife" was mentioned but is not possible because my tumour doesn't have clearly defined boundaries.)

So the plan - as always subject to change subject to bed and theatre availability - is for me to go over next Tuesday (8th October) to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle (where I had brain surgery before). Hopefully I will be on the surgeon's list for Wednesday 9th.

I can't say that I am looking forward to it but there don't seem to be many other choices. The first time, when the tumour was first spotted, everything happened so quickly that I didn't have time to think about it much. I just have to hope that it all goes as well as it did the first time and I'll be back recovering from the op by next weekend.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment