Contributors

7 April - a day trip to Blackpool

On Sunday 7 April I went for the day to Blackpool, not to be beside the seaside but to visit a radio and electronics show. The day went without a hitch - to my great relief as the night before I had experienced a mild attack of gallstone-induced back pain.

It was good to be doing something like this again. The only problem was that I am still a bit unsteady on my feet. I nearly lost my balance a couple of times. The extreme vertigo I experience means I keep well away from stairs unless there is a stout rail to hang on to or Olga is there for support.

I have spent some time searching out other people's experiences of recovery from brain tumours to find out if this unsteadiness is common at all. I suppose I should just count my blessings because most people it seems end up in a wheelchair after treatment and never recover at all. But a few have mentioned balance problems. All of the other side effects of treatment seem to have disappeared, but I'm rather afraid that this problem is going to be with me for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment