Contributors

6 February - A satisfactory result

It has been a month since my MRI scan, 30 days since my last post. We have tried to be patient and wait  for the result. In the end it took a couple of phone calls before a doctor called us. He told me my scan was "satisfactory." I think I have heard that before.

The doctor understood that I wanted to discuss the result face to face and to ask about issues such as whether I can apply for the restoration of my driving licence. The consultant will arrange an appointment for us. I've heard that before, too.

After news about the tumour the question of whether I can drive is the other big issue for me. Only once I have my wheels back can I get on with life to the fullest extent. While I am stuck at home (apart from the occasional walk) I still feel like an invalid.

There is another urgency to my getting my driving licence back. If I can start driving by June (two years after my diagnosis) I can keep my no claims discount which was something like 70%, the result of 40 years of accident-free driving. That would make a difference of several hundred pounds to my insurance costs. So the longer I go without permission to drive, the greater my frustration.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, good news Julian. We are very pleased for you and Olga.

    73 Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite sure what "satisfactory" means, but it sounds positive to me. Good luck with getting the driving licence back soon, ...and with some success with the ferrite rod on TX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be good to meet face to face with the doc and have the ability to ask questions. Not having a drivers licence sure is a lifestyle change and I hope the outcome of the meeting will be you getting the licence back again.....keep us posted.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news on the MRI (I think). I'm sure there is a way around the NCD. If the policy was in your name but with Olga as a driver could you not keep the NCD going? If Olga doesn't drive, but you have a car, then laying it up would keep the NCD running too.

    Might be worth talking to a broker and/or your insurance company.

    Steve G0KYA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get insurance in my own name without a licence. We sold the car right after I had the brain op so as to save on the depreciation. It wasn't worth trying to have a car while Olga is learning because without a licence I can't even supervise her as a learner. It's a major pain as without this she doesn't get any practice except in the driving school car with the instructor.

    Julian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed for getting your licence back and good news about your scan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're thriving. Do u still take clomipramine and if so do u feel it has worked well? Love to you and Olga

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I am still taking clomipramine and I believe it has played a major role in controlling my brain tumour - my MRI scan results have been very satisfactory.

    ReplyDelete