Contributors

26 December - So that was Christmas

I hope that you all had a very good Christmas.

Christmas here unfortunately did not go quite according to plan. A couple of days previously I had a severe pain from the region just below the middle of my back and I could not find any position where I couldn't feel it. It did eventually ease off though.

On Christmas Eve the pain returned. In the morning I felt nauseous and vomited a few times. We were concerned enough to call the doctors' surgery for advice, and they were concerned enough for a doctor to come out and take a look at me to see if I should be admitted to hospital as an emergency. By then the pain had eased again and I was no longer feeling sick, so I didn't have to go to hospital, but I have to have a blood test on Thursday, the first working day after the Christmas break.

I haven't felt much like Christmas fare, so I have been existing on easily digested foods like porridge for breakfast and mashed potato with bouillion for dinner. Hopefully I'll get back to eating normally again soon.