Contributors

20 May - 100 kilos

I weighed myself on the bathroom scales this morning, as I do every morning, and the scales read 100.2kg. I have broken the 100kg barrier for the first time, though this was not a goal I was aiming at. Overall I am starting to feel better by very small increments. But I'm sure I'd feel even better if I could shed some of this excess weight. I'm down to a small fraction of a steroid tablet per day now and tomorrow we are going to try again to stop the steroids altogether.

Olga thinks a lot of the weight gain is water retention and I'm not going to disagree with her. My feet look bloated and my shoes feel unusually tight. We did try a course of diuretics prescribed by the GP, with no effect. Today we are going to try Spilanthes to see if that helps.

1 comment:

  1. Had my scan today but get results next friday!! I did ask what happens next and they said depending on the results I will be scanned every 6 to 12 weeks. So still non the wiser until next Friday. I am back up to 2mg steroids had a fit last sunday so they upped them, hopefully they are going to review my meds next week.

    Hope you are coming off the steroids ok.

    Take care and enjoy this lovely weather

    ReplyDelete