Contributors

14 May - My 59th birthday

Another milestone in my life - my 59th birthday. Ten months ago in the hospital in Newcastle when I was told what I had I wondered whether I would see it. Well I'm still here, still beating the bugger and now have my sights set on reaching 60!

My main ambition now is to get back some fitness. If I can get rid of my problems with balance and the weakness in my legs then I will be half way to feeling normal. Though I can't entirely get out of my mind the knowledge of having a ticking time bomb in my head that could go off at any moment. I really wish I could have my head scanned more often than six-monthly.

But enough of that. For now I'll celebrate the fact that I've survived for 10 months and the tumour doesn't appear to be growing. (touch wood.) Life isn't bad, even with a brain tumour.

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Julian.

    My turn for 59 in July, hope I look as well as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Julian, A fellow Taurean (I turned 45 on Saturday!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday hope tu cu on 6 mtrs on any opening.

    73

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Julian. Hope I look that good at 59.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julian

    Just dropping-in to wish you a happy birthday.

    I've been reading your blog with great interest: my father -- also a radio ham -- was faced with the same diagnosis as yourself, back in March this year (same type of tumour in the same location). He's in hospital at the moment -- following his operation, and three sessions of radiotherapy, he suffered a round of nasty seizures; fortunately, his scans didn't reveal any complications. He started to continue his treatment today.

    I just wanted to congratulate you on an excellent blog and wish you all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated 59th birthday best wishes Julian. Reaching your 60th sounds like a good possibility now don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation on your birthday,
    I live in Haverigg so I am going to Preston for treatment, told there is not much they can do, they are making a skull jig so they hit the correct place, and give me a little more time if it works.
    But at the present time I feel good and starting doing jobs in the house.
    By the way will be 65 in July (good gamble I hope)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the radiotherapy, Stuart. It was quite effective for me but it has left me feeling weaker and more tired than when I started. I hope it's worth it. And I hope you have the time and energy for some ham radio therapy!

    ReplyDelete