Contributors

17 April - Still got diarrhea

Received the appointment for my next MRI scan at Carlisle in a week's time. Unfortunately it's at 9am which is impossible to manage from Cockermouth without our own transport. Even by taxi it would be impossible as the local taxi firms are doing school runs at that time in the morning.

I'm not noticing much improvement in my energy level since I stopped the chemotherapy and I have had diarrhea for the last few weeks. I understand it's not unusual to have diarrhea after chemo because the chemo kills fast-multiplying cells which include the bacteria in the gut. It's supposed to clear up on its own. But I have decided reluctantly to take Imodium in the hope that will put a stop to it.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Julian, I hope the weeks times allows you to arrange a ride to the appointment. Good to hear your energy is picking up....just in time for the summer!! I hope things get cleaned out soon so you can take advantage of the new energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe try some natural yogurt to help the gut Julian? Hope you start to feel better soon and that your MRI scan is changed to a more suitable time. This is yet another example of where the NHS is pretty useless: a simple database with an entry saying "patient cannot make appointments before 11am because of transport issues" is not beyond them is it? I do get SO frustrated when I see things like this than need fixing and can be fixed so simply, but are not.

    ReplyDelete