Contributors

23 March - Hospital appointment

Afternoon appointment with the oncologist in Carlisle. Nothing new to report. No new symptoms means everything is going OK. Had a blood test and collected the prescription for the sixth and final chemotherapy cycle which I start on Saturday.

Next appointment with the doc will be in two months time, before which I should have received an appointment for an MRI scan. Then the doctors will be able to actually see how well the treatment has gone.

Olga asked if I was to continue taking the steroids (dexamethazone) after the chemo was finished. So the doctor has given me a programme to step down the steroids from the current 4mg a day to zero over the next 4 weeks. If I don't feel ill or have headaches then I could be free of medication by this time next month, but if any symptoms appear I will go back to 4mg. So fingers crossed...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your wonderful journey. Have you tried alternative cancer treatment? Please feel free to share all of your thoughts here. I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete