Contributors

4 February - Diarrhea

If it's not one thing it's another. A week ago I was concerned about getting constipation. Now it's the opposite. Olga thinks the chemo has killed the good bacteria in my gut. I'm eating a lot of home made live yogurt to try to replenish them.

No snow here so I'm still able to get out and about. I do wish my legs didn't feel quite so wobbly though. Olga and I walked into town today to visit the farmer's market and get a few things from Sainsbury's. I felt I needed to sit down in Sainsbury's while Olga went round the shop. I hope my fitness level will improve after the chemo is over.

4 comments:

  1. We've snow forecast for overnight down here Julian. We usually manage to miss it, but this time I think we'll get a fair dollop. Keep off the prunes and back on the stodge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather here has been over the top with nice warm weather and sunny skies. This is not the norm at all but I am not upset about it at all. Sorry to hear about the opposite condition.....as you say if it's not one thing its another eh. Well when nature is calling take the hand held and get some radio time in as well....HI HI

    ReplyDelete
  3. In addition to yogurt, you might consider some probiotic supplements. You can buy these at the pharmacy here in the USA; not sure about the UK. One brand we've used after giving antibiotics to our son is called Florastor. They also make one for adults in an appropriate strength.

    Of course, I'd definitely ask your physician before taking anything like that, even though it's probably harmless.

    Best of luck!

    de W4PAH

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yogurt is an excellent idea. Even high doses of anti-biotics can have an affect on the intestines. Glad to read you are hanging in there.

    73 Dick F8WBD N2UGB

    ReplyDelete