Contributors

23 February - Fifth chemotherapy cycle

Just back from a hospital appointment in Carlisle to see the doctor prior to commencing my fifth cycle of chemotherapy.

My blood count was "great" and my scan results were "favourable". Such side effects as I have experienced, like feeling tired and weak in my legs, are "normal". Some side effects may disappear once the chemotherapy is over, but those caused by the radiotherapy are more long term, unfortunately.

The doctor seemed pleased with my progress - always a good sign, I think. Without wishing to tempt fate it would appear that so far, at least, I am "beating the bugger." Or rather, we are beating the bugger, because I'm sure that Olga's devoted care and ensuring I eat a healthy diet with lots of fruit and vegetables is helping me fight the cancer. We're in this together.

4 comments:

  1. That's great to hear, Julian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT NEWS Julian and yes having Olga there is good not only for the healthy eating but for the spirit as well. A positive spirit along with knowing someone caring is there for you is more important than most people understand. Tomorrow is Friday kick back and enjoy the news....spend time with Olga and drink up life!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news Julian. I'm really glad to hear this!

    ReplyDelete