Contributors

27 December - Third chemotherapy cycle

Christmas is over. I hope you all had a good one. Ours was fine - quiet, spent at home enjoying some nice food and watching undemanding TV.

I allowed myself two small glasses of wine with dinner on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I did feel a bit tipsy later on, but that is pretty much how I feel most of the time at the moment so I don't think I can really blame the wine. Nor was it necessarily responsible for the slight headache I had on Christmas morning, as I didn't have one on Boxing Day morning. But I'm not in a hurry to try wine again as I haven't been missing it that much anyway.

On Boxing Day I started the third chemotherapy cycle. 400mg of temozolomide a day for the next 5 days. So I'm preparing for a couple of weeks of feeling crappy and lethargic. My mouth is already starting to feel like the inside of a sumo wrestler's jockstrap. No pain, no gain as they say.

5 comments:

  1. Julian, you certainly have a way with words! Best wishes to you & Olga in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you and Olga and good to hear Christmas was good. Ours was spent more or less the same way as yours was. On Christmas Eve we had fresh Lobster and later while watching "The sound of music" we had some champagne.
    Keep us updated Julian
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the latest cycle, Julian.

    Vy 73, Tim G4VXE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes all the best Julian. Sumo wrestlers jockstrap indeed! The mind boggles, HI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all rooting for you, Julian.

    Chris G7DDN

    ReplyDelete