Contributors

14 October - A gift from America

My short term memory must be worse than I thought. The postman brought a book from Amazon that I had no recollection of ordering. When I opened the package I found it was a copy of "Living with a Brain Tumour" that had been sent as a gift by one of my American readers. Thanks, Michael! It is a very good book and answers a lot of questions.

Two weeks on from the end of radiotherapy and I still have the dizziness and the hand tremor. The dizziness is the worst symptom: it makes me a bit unsteady on my feet and it makes me feel a bit detached from the world, like it's a dream and not real. But this could still be an effect of the radiotherapy and may last for several weeks, according to the book. I had been hoping for a quick return to how I felt a couple of months ago before the treatment started. I guess I will just have to be patient!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Julian and I hope things do get back to the way they were for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A patient patient? But how would the medical professionals handle that?

    Glad to hear that things are on a steady keel if not as good as we all would like you to feel.

    Best wishes and prayers are still winging your way from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the dizzy spells get better soon. Does sound like this and tremors are a result of the treatment and pills, so let's look forward to them easing.

    ReplyDelete