Contributors

4 September - Feeling miserable

No posts for a while, the reason being nothing much has changed. I'm still feeling pretty miserable.

Days follow the same pattern: wake, eat, take tablets, go for radiotherapy, eat, doze, eat, take tablets, sleep. Except at the weekend when there is a break from the radiotherapy. If I was feeling a bit of a fraud in mid-August, I don't now. The blurry vision, the slight dizziness, the trembling hands and the jelly legs are all back. Even if I had the will to do so I couldn't accomplish the things I was doing before the treatment started.

The doctors tell me this is normal and just the effects of the treatment. So I guess this is how it is going to be for the next three and a half weeks. After that, the radiotherapy stops and I get a break from the chemo. Then, I hope, I will start to see some improvement.

I think it's going to be a long three and a half weeks.

6 comments:

  1. Not much fun. Hope you can still spin a few dials; radio's still got something to give when you're really not up to much...

    Still checking in!

    Rupert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Julian, thanks for the update I am sure once the treatments have come to an end the improvements will happen again. It is good to hear that the doc's say it is normal. Not good if they were concerned and it was not going as expected.....even though expected is not great for how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julian, Good to hear from you. Its going to be a tough few weeks but many people are wishing you the strength to deal with this.

    Best wishes, and 73, Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day at a time Julian, don't look beyond that, just the one day. It will pass quickly. We are rooting for you and Olga! 73 OT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for keeping us informed. Just "hang in" there for the next few weeks which sound like they will be no fun at all. Rest, take it easy and look forward to sunnier times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julian, those weeks will pass quickly for you I hope, Do you have a goal for when you are feeling well enough?

    It really did help me.

    regards Ian G8OWB

    ReplyDelete