Contributors

19 September - Still rather dizzy

Still in the land of the living. Nothing much has changed since last week's post. The dizziness and fuzzy vision is if anything a bit worse. I'm less tired, but the other symptoms make me feel less like doing anything. At least I'm taking it easy.

Only 8 more sessions of radiotherapy to go, after which I'll be taking a break from the chemotherapy too. So I'm hoping I'll feel some improvement after that.

Completed a consent form giving the administrators of my pension from a former employment permission to contact my doctors with a view to my receiving the pension early. I'm 58 now and had I still been in that job would have retired at 60 but in the circumstances I suspect I would have been eligible for early retirement on medical grounds. Of course, I'm hoping to beat the bugger into submission enough to see my 60th birthday but the prognosis for this type of brain tumour says this is unlikely so I can't discount the possibility.

3 comments:

  1. Book me in for a drink with you and Olga to celebrate your 60th birthday when the time comes. In the meantime keep taking the pills and take it steady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julian a very good friend of mine was diagnosed with a very rare cancer tumor on his spine. He was give "O" change to get through the year he was 35.....he just celebrated his 53rd birthday. The unlikely can very well become the likely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another friend's wife had a very nasty cancer, of the sort that gets stuck in and takes no prisoners and doesn't hang about doing it. She had a very bleak prognosis. They had a couple of young sons, and various other things going on that made the whole thing even more of a bad joke than quite seems fair.

    There was a last-ditch experimental 'this will never work' treatment, which did. By then, the insurance had paid off the house but, a-ha, you don't have to give the money back.

    ReplyDelete