Contributors

11 September - Dizziness and hand tremors

A brief update. Feeling less tired and apathetic than a week ago. However the dizziness and hand tremors are worse. Olga noticed my hands shaking at breakfast this morning and was concerned about it.

I am up to the full 150mg dose of Clomipramine now, so we are hitting the tumour full blast with all the weapons at our disposal. We suspect that the shaking hands may be one of the side effects of the clomipramine, but it may be connected with the other treatments. Given time the body may adapt to it.

The only inconvenience is that I can't use the soldering iron, something I haven't felt like doing in the last couple of weeks anyway. If that's the sacrifice I have to make to gain some extra time in the land of the living then I'll just have to put up with it.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Julian, thats good news you are feeling less tired. Your body is adapting to the treatment regime. I'm sure it wont be long before you have the soldering iron back in your hand again.

    73's
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julian,

    There is a good documentary out on DVD now (or via torrent) called Forks Over Knives. Some good info on the effect of diet on tumor growth in there. Hang in there!

    73!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that you are feeling less tired and it is amazing what the body can adapt too. Sometimes we give the body less credit that it deserves when it comes to it's flexibility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting there Julian. I expect the shaky hands is a passing stage. As you say, giving up the soldering iron for a while is not a big deal. Best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great you are not so tired. Your posts are really helping me learn. All thanks to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased that you are feeling a little better Julian. I pray that the medication and therapies will show real benefits very soon. Best wishes from Paul G4MD and myself. Gerald G4OIG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Continue fighting the good-fight, Julian. The day comes when it is time to pull the soldering iron plug. I did because of poor close-up vision. Keep operating and writing up those digital mode reports. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete